Monday, September 3, 2012

End of Sem Part 1: The Fish Shop, Potts Point

The BEST way to end a semester is to have a smashing night out with friends followed by a sleepover and brunch the next day. 


No pressure, no stress, just pure chilling. #YOLO
Ps. That's probably the reason behind my atrocious food photos as well. 

View from Potts Point


Clearly, I wasn't able to take a picture of what The Fish Shop looked like outside. But obviously, as you can see, the decor was very beach-y in the most American-beach-shack way, I reckon.  I thought it was fantastic though. 

Who knew this could be so tastyyy?
Drink for the night! 

Fisherman's Basket for Two- $26
I must admit, that tiny basket for two obviously wasn't enough especially between 2 HUNGRY people named Karla and Dai.  But.. those pickled green chilis that came with the basket were great!


Crumbed fish burger, bacon & chili- $17.5
Adara and I shared 2 burgers, and this was the better one among the two. I've got to admit, despite the oozing mayonnaise that you may see seeping out of the burger, I found it spot on and pretty dang tasty. The fillet of crumbed fish= perfection.


Dan's Famous Cheeseburger- $16
This I can't remember extremely well except that it tasted like a glorified quarter pounder from McDonald's.


Fish & Chips- $18.5
Rory had fish & chips, apparently they were good. And that's pretty much ALL that I remember about his feedback for that dish.

Ice Cream Sandwich- $8
When you're out with an Indonesian, it's quite impossible not to partake of any sweets. It's already a given. This ice cream sandwich was drizzled with some honey. It was nothing special AT ALL. I could've made this with some store-bought biscuits and ice cream, no biggie.

At the end of the day, I'd have that crumbed fish burger again cause it was great and even better if i had it with a bottle of that lager. Indeed, I would head back to The Fish Shop for it, but since, I haven't returned YET

Well, we did some other things in between which thank goodness I hardly have documentation of. The end of that night resulted in seeking refuge for our hungry tummies in Chinatown at an ungodly hour. Solution= congee+crunchy chinese doughnuts+some dimsum.



The Fish Shop
22 Challis Avenue  
Potts Point NSW 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...