Thursday, November 11, 2010

I have a thing for ginger

Anybody who knows me quite well would know that I have a thing for GINGER. I reckon ginger is very much underrated, much like bread. Did you know that you could make Brown Bread Ice Cream? Well, more on that next time! I must mention that Brasserie Bread makes fantastic bread.

As you probably may know, I am head over heels in love with the Bourke Street Bakery. Each and every time that I'm there, they usually have the Raspberry Brulee Tart opposed to the ginger one. I've got nothing against raspberries, I actually love them, just not as much as ginger. Given that thought, it would be nice if there were a raspberry-ginger brulee tart.

Who could possibly turn down a beauty like this?
The Ginger Brulee Tart looked fabulous to say the least. Once I dove in, the custard was silky smooth with the slightest hint of the gingery goodness that wasn't overpowering in any case. There wasn't that immense heat that a lot of people associate with ginger, but in it's place, there was a sweet, sweet warmth that just hit the right notes. And who could perhaps neglect the crisp caramelized brown sugar on top? This treat is certainly blissful.



Other gingery things that I adore include stem ginger cookies, the gingerbread man, ginger chocolate (Green & Black's FTW), shortbreads, ginger sesame sauce- the list goes on and on.

Bourke Street Bakery
633 Bourke St
Surry Hills 2010 NSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...