Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Figs with Ricotta and Honey

There hasn't been a lot of posting action on the blog lately, and no, the blog isn't dying or coming to an end. Daryl is travelling to distant countries and I have absolutely been swamped with schoolwork. Other than that, I've been on a cleanse which is intended to detox my system, clean my insides, and spew out the junk. So there's not a ton of eating going on. More on that next time, once I've actually completed the whole course of the cleanse.



Would you believe me if I said it's the first time for me to have real fresh figs? This was one of my meals while I was on my 7 day cleanse.* It's simple, uncomplicated, straight to the point. Glorious! I just planned this dish out of thin air since I saw some gorgeous figs while I was at the market.



1. Rinse and slice your figs into quarters. Place them on a plate.

2. Dollop some ricotta cheese on top of the figs, make sure that each piece has a bit.**

3. Drizzle some honey over the top.***

4. Freshly cracked black pepper for a tinge of contrast!



4 easy peasy steps to a delectable meal! I wouldn't really have it as a main, it would be perfect for dessert with a scoop of muscovado semi-freddo! YUM!



*It wasn't perfectly fitting for my cleanse, but I seriously couldn't resist! It was a bit of a cheat.

** Well, figs are usually paired with goat's cheese but I didn't really have it on hand, so Ricotta it was! They're both subtle anyway!

*** Someone gave us organic honey from Tasmania, it's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...