Saturday, December 4, 2010

Uncle Cheffy, Eastwood City, Libis

However cheesy it may sound, I absolutely love having lunch with my grandparents. When I was a kid, I loved it cause they pay for everything and they spoil me to bits. These days, I pay for the meals but it's such a small price to pay in exchange for quality time with people that I love.

I asked my grandparents where they would want to eat, they told me it's my choice. But it's like I already knew that they wanted to head to Eastwood. They love the new mall so much because its very clean and not crowded. They hit the mall once a week at the very least. Despite wanting to head who knows where to grab some grub, I reluctantly agreed on Eastwood.


Uncle Cheffy :) zoom in to see me! jokes :)
There are a fair bit or restaurants there and it took time for us to decide. As I've said, my grandparents head over that area pretty often so they've already tried almost all of the restaurants! One of their favorites is Uncle Cheffy. If I'm not mistaken, it's related in a way to (or even by) Chef's Quarter. 

The ambiance I've found quite relevant to the food. I wouldn't be able to pinpoint a particular cuisine that it is focused on but what I can say is it's influenced by Filipino and Western cuisines. Sometimes restaurants that are diverse tend to be all over the place and messy. In this case, it was presented professionally and very appealing. There were all sorts of interesting dishes on the menu and it took us some time to actually decide on what we were having. Today, I was feeling extra hungry after the gym so we ordered a feast.


See grandfather and the Cheese, Cheese, Cheese Panizza?
For starters, we had a panizza which they're fairly popular for. We opted for the Cheese, Cheese, Cheese. A panizza with mozzarella, parmesan, cheddar, gruyere, blue cheese, herbs, and extra virgin olive oil. It was a tad bit overstated on the menu, from what I could pick up, there was mozzarella, cheddar, and blue cheese. I was disappointed because I'm such a cheese freak and there just wasn't enough of it! I was expecting it was gonna be cheese overload! It had 3 condiments- tomato salsa, lettuce, and alfalfa sprouts. Even though there wasn't heaps of cheese, I really enjoyed it and liked the idea!


Pumpkin Flower (???) Soup
Because of my absurd appetite, I ordered a soup as well! The menu said it's a pumpkin flower soup, never heard of a pumpkin flower soup and I found it quite fascinated and I agreed to order since the server said it's a bestseller. The soup was hearty, but I just couldn't fathom why they called it pumpkin flower soup when in fact it's just pumpkin soup! Disappointing.


Thai Style Fried Pla Pla

For our mains, the 3 of us split the Thai Style Fried Pla Pla and Beef Medallion "Steak Tagalog". These two dishes were equally winners. The fish on it's own without being doused by sauce had a distinct sweetness that I couldn't get enough of. It was fried beautifully resembling a piece of art one way or another.


Beef Medallion Steak Tagalog!:) So Filipino inspired, I'm loving it!:)
The beef dish had such potential and inspiration behind it. It's a bold western move to use beef medallions, and the way of implementing some Filipino influence was to cook it in such an inspired Filipino way. The idea behind it would probably from the "Bistek Tagalog". There was Carabao Milk Cheese on top of them and a green mango, tomato, and onion salad that was really sour it made me flinch. This dish I absolutely thought was dazzling.

And as for desert, NO, I was full to my throat I didn't even have any space whatsoever for desert! But, I did buy some goodies from the ever appropriate Marks & Spencer which I will blog about another time!:)

Uncle Cheffy
Unit A216 and S201
Level 2, Eastwood Mall
Eastwood City
Libis



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...