Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ramen Bar, Eastwood

RAMEN BAR. 
Yes, it's Eastwood again. I never really knew that a place called Ramen Bar existed. It's just that my friend who has a place in Eastwood mentioned it to me. I guess some cafes and restaurants in Japan would actually look like this since there seems to be some sort of artistic flare in the form of anime, but at the same time, some minimalism is present as well proved by the clean lines and furniture.




Super Chasyu Ramen- Soy-infused Tonkotsu Ramen 
topped with overflowing slices of chasyu and tamago.
I wouldn't precisely call it affordable since it would cost you around 400 pesos a pop (around $10- that's Aussie dollars!) My friend had the Super Chasyu Ramen while I had the R.B.S #1. We shared an order of the Kankuni Buns.




R.B.S #1-Soy-infused Tonkotsu Ramen 
topped with tamago, naruto, nori, negi, chasyu and kakuni.
The servings were rather generous and the broth was really soy infused and tasty. My stomach is rumbling as I'm actually trying to describe it. The noodles were al dente (Is there an Asian term for that?). The Chasyu was slices of pork belly cooked until really tender, and of course, there's nothing much to expect from pork belly rather than the fact that it would be fatty. The tamago was very flavorful but I must say that it was a bit too salty for my taste. My ramen had portions of nori, naruto, and negi. I couldn't really pinpoint each and every one of them but I will say that there are these mushroom things that are just fantastic, they have a bite and yet they don't give any crunch.




Kankuni Buns- Melt in your mouth pork buns.
The Kankuni Buns are the things that you shouldn't miss out on. The white buns are a pretty typical Asian thing, the pork belly was really melt in your mouth tender. Succulent! It was accompanied by lettuce, spring onions, and some hoisin sauce. Did I mention I have a thing for hoisin? Anyway, it was such a good combo. I could've eaten like 5 if I probably didn't have the ramen. Yummo!:)





On a weekday, it was really packed with people. As per Philippines, I think it just might be one of the best ramen bowls I've had or more authentic rather. As for Australia, wait for my post on Zenya Noodle Bar in Eastwood, Sydney. It's impeccable. And I swear, all the people there actually speak Japanese!:) So authentic!


Ramen BarG/F Eastwood Mall 
Libis, Quezon City
Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...