Monday, June 20, 2011

The Last of Israel (but I'll be back soon!)

I miss Israel!


Amazingly beautiful mosque! I LOVED the colors. It was so very luxurious



We went to the "official" (read: speculated) site of the last supper, otherwise known as..


...the Mt Zion Upper Room



At the site of the Garden Tomb, a European guide making chikka with my brother


Here we saw one of the possible tombs of Jesus.


Then we went to the Southern Temple Steps, which EXISTED during the time of Jesus Christ. JESUS actually WALKED on these steps!!!!!!!!!


And here is my brother being the ham that he is


And here is my pet monkey 


Then we had dinner at Ramada


Unleavened bread


Fish and beef. YES, I was super hungry

Salad greens, hummus, and cold eggplant salad


My brother had lamb and said it was the best lamb he'd ever eaten. Sadly, I daren't eat lamb


Aaaand I had some chocolate pieces from the cake.

Cheeeeeeers,
Daryl

PS We're off to Jordan in the next posts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...