Monday, August 9, 2010

Loving Earth Organic Chocolate

Last Friday, my friend and I headed out to Surry Hills for an exhibit. Afterwards, we headed to various art galleries which were certainly interesting and mind-blowing. She told me that she knows this foodie shop that sells ALL ORGANIC GOODIES. When we got there it was sort of like a condensed grocery. There were canisters full of nuts, legumes, muesli, and beans! Chocolate, honey, jam, juice, chips, popcorn, meat, ice cream, berries- there was pretty much everything there! I spent a good amount of time looking at the things that actually interested me. I couldn't decide what to get, so I just went for the obvious, CHOCOLATE. Despite going for the chocolate, I was still indecisive which variety of it to get. In the end, I got a brand called Loving Earth Chocolate.

Activated Almond & Purple Corn and Goji & Camu Camu
I went for the more adventurous ones. I got a Goji & Camu Camu Raw Dark Chocolate and an Activated Almond & Purple Corn Raw Dark Chocolate. Personally I prefer the first one. Reading from the package- Loving Earth Chocolate is raw. This means our chocolate has up to TWICE as many antioxidants as conventional chocolate.  So anyway, what's even better is they don't add sugar! They use a sweetener called Agave Syrup which is a natural derivative from cactus!

Camu camu is a berry found in the Peruvian Amazon and its very high in Vitamin C which is definitely PLUS POINTS. Goji berries on the other hand are really good anioxidants. The combination gives a zingy and tangy taste which works impeccably well with the dark chocolate. The goji berries somewhat taste like cranberries to me. I finished this bar in absolutely NO TIME. 

On the other hand, the almond one was also good, but I didn't fancy it as much. The pieces of raw roughly chopped almond were just really fresh and nutty. The purple corn gives a sense malty whisky flavour that is just unimaginable. It contributes a lot to the overall taste and mouth feel of this chocolate bar.

The only thing that I didn't like so much about these chocolates are the fact that they tend to get a tad gritty and grainy afterwards. But kudos to the people who came up with these fantastic flavour combinations and making them all organic and healthy! :) ITS EPIC, definitely worth a try even though they're quite pricy. Retail price: $7.90 (P320 pesos)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...