Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Best Night of My Life

My auntie Van came home from the States recently (now she's gone back in the US again) and we had quite a few parties to celebrate her being here! My favoritest party was this particular evening, when the cosmos aligned to grant me my favorite, most heartfelt food-related wish.*



This is what anticipation looks like – spoons, forks, knives all laid out.




Four different types of sauces. Can you guess what's about to happen?


AN OYSTER COOKOUT. I WAS SO HAPPY I ALMOST CRIED. We had four huge plastic basins FULL of fresh oysters. I think that was one of the best things I've ever seen because I love, love, love, love, love, love, LOVE oysters. You will never, ever, ever, ever meet a person who loves them as much as I do. Because I really, really, really, really, really, really LOVE them.

By the way, that is our helper Ging. She refused to have her photos taken so I just took a photo of her back.


Oysters happily sacrificing their lives in the name of pure hedonism.


Raw squid, ready for the grill


And here is my longest running, everdearest, most beloved friend Nicole, eating one of the first few oysters from the BBQ pit.


And here I am, and of course there is my mother in the background, being herself. Hahaha, kidding.


And here is Auntie Van, my aunt Candice, Auntie Van's BFF Tita Malou, and my mother



And then the food started coming (seriously this time). LECHON/ roast pork.


Barbequed squid (remember the Messrs. Squid from earlier?)


And here is my sister and cousin, eating carbonara and oysters


Look at that. :)


Halfway through the feast


The remains of the oysters. This was my nth plate. I really ate like,  a hundred oysters that night.


Pinakbet (Filipino vegetable stew with fermented fish paste), carbonara, and garlic rice.


Cake that Tita Malou bought (someone was attacking it while I was trying to get a photo, sorry)


And happy, full people – my cousins Conrad and Cassandra.

I couldn't sleep for 5 hours after because I was on the verge of exploding. Now I'm on a serious diet because our graduation pictorials are coming up. Must give food a break. Please pray for my self-control as I really NEED to shed the fattage.

Cheers,
Daryl

*Because really, my most heartfelt wish has absolutely nothing to do with food.

PS This has nothing to do with anything I've said in this entry, but you should read Jose Rizal's Noli Me Tangere. I just finished it a week ago and I loved Rizal's dry humor! I really laughed out loud at the scenes involving Dona Victorina and Dona Consolacion. You can skip everything but you really should not miss out on those chapters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...