Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Dad's Birthday

So my dad turned forty-plus the other day and we had a ginormous feast with all the aunts and uncles and cousins. I've come to love our ginormous feasts at home more and more. It's reached such a point that I have a ginormous feast at home by myself every day... So now I can't fit into my tan leather and polyester Safari girl look shorts. I'm on a real diet now. I'm serious.



Anyway! On to the food. My mom cooked her super mega awesome paella. I wasn't always into carbs (like I am now, tut tut tut), and didn't always see the point of paella (and risotto, and pasta, and all those good things) but now I'm pretty nutty over them (as evidenced by my waistline). I loved this dish, it was so so so good and tasty. So good that I had like 3 big servings of it.


There was also Mega Garlic Crab. We love our garlic (understatement of the year) and pretty much eat huge amounts of it with everything. Especially me. I love how it tastes, and it's a natural antibiotic (like I've said, it's Acnetrex, organic, non-bitchifying version)


There was also traditional misua (thin noodles, the Chinese take on angel hair pasta) with quail eggs, shrimp, pork, peanuts, and so forth. Us Chinese have it at almost everyday as the noodles are symbols of long life.


And here's the lemon garlic chicken. It doesn't look it, but it's very very good and it's always a hit. Very buttery, slightly citrusy, extremely juicy and heavy on the garlic!


Cheese plate


My big happy family. Can you spot me?


Caramel cake from Estrel's. Some people go really crazy over this but I'm not really into caramel.


Leche flan, also from Estrel's. Leche flan is like the Spanish take on creme caramel/panacotta


And the love of my life: mango torte from Dulcelin. This is my favorite dessert in the whole wide world, at a tie with Baby Yulo's strawberry shortcake and dark chocolate anything... :D

Cheers,
Daryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...