Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pancakes, Pancakes, Pancakes!

Precisely 3 hours ago, I was craving...

 Pancakes with bananas and strawberries.

I fully resisted and didn't cook any.

But then.. After dinner, my cousin asked me if we could make some.

Well, I succumbed.


ME, OH MY, GOODNESS!


Single Lady Pancakes.
adapted from Joy the Baker
They're called single lady cause you sometimes every only want a single pancake. But then obviously, today the portions were more than doubled for the whole family. It's one of those really reliable recipes.

Seving: A SINGLE FABULOUS PANCAKE

1/3 cup all purpose flour

1 tbsp. dried oats

1/2 tsp. baking powder

2 tsp. sugar

1/4 tsp. baking soda

pinch of salt

1 tbsp. + 1tsp. veg oil

a little less than 1/3 cup milk

dash of vanilla extract


Basically, just mix everything together until it's got the right consistency. Heat up a pan with a pat of butter and start frying up those pancakes. It's ready to turn when bubbles appear on one side.

This is what the batter looked like.



I customized by mixing some chocolate chips into the batter. 
I then topped the cooked pancakes with some vanilla ice cream, 
macerated strawberries and some orange segments.

This is a picture of my cousin's stack of 4 PANCAKES.

... Just so you know, I didn't fully pig on the pancakes. I had the smallest one with a dollop of yogurt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...