Sunday, September 12, 2010

Counter Burger, Crow's Nest

I LOVE BURGERS. There's nothing much like it. Sandwiches don't count because they are incredibly lame compared to juicy dripping burgers.

Lately, I've been hearing so much about this place called Counter Burger. People have been raving on about it because you could customize your owns burgers. And their burgers are incredibly good, or so I've heard. I've been wanting to try this place for the longest time, and this was finally it!:)

epic interior, really.
The appearance of the restaurant is much like a diner with a surf shack vibe. It's awesome. I personally adore it, plus the color combo of blue and brown. It was much bigger than I expected and there were quite a few people dining there as well.

build your own burger!
Upon arriving, we were give a menu which is basically a clipboard with a sheet of paper and a pen. There, you could choose the kind of meat you want with your burger, whether it be beef, turkey, veggie, or grilled chicken. Then you could pick how big the patty would be- 150g, 300g, or 450g. Believe me, a 150g burger is more than enough. After that, you pick the cheese, fillings, and condiments.

Apple pie shake, I fell in love. 
I went for the famous apple pie shake which was basically a milkshake that actually had real pie crust and filling. When I tell people about it, they're grossed out. But I must tell you, it's good, it's DAMN GOOD. Don't criticize it before you try. You'll regret not having it. I love the way there were still tiny chunks of cinnamon apple and pie crust.

The 50-50 served with garlic aioli, bbq sauce, and thousand island dressing 
Then we also ordered the 50-50 which is a plate of your deep fried sides with a choice of french fries, sweet potato fries, and onion rings. I opted to get sweet potato fries and onion rings. It was definitely a 50-50 balance as well, flavor-wise that is! The onion rings were thin and crunchy! And the sweet potato fries were sweet (OH DUH) and a tad soggy. I cannot express how much I love onion rings, I just couldn't get enough of them.
stunning beef burger
The first burger came, it was a medium rare beef burger with American cheddar, beetroot, dill pickle, caramelized onions, dill pickle, and tomato on a hamburger bun. It was the typical burger, agree? Well, more like the typical Australian burger since it had beetroot. It was good, nothing really stood out though. Oh wait, the meat was gooooood, I think it was Angus.

turkey turkey
The second arrived and it was a turkey burger with blue cheese, grilled onions, olives, tomato, and garlic aioli on an English muffin. This one I loved. First of all, I love my turkey. I always have it on my sandwiches with a little bit on cranberry jelly, lettuce, and tomato. It's such a great protein and it has a little fat content as well. Second, the pairing of turkey with blue cheese was KEY. I never liked blue cheese as a kid, but I always tried it because I'm just really an adventurous eater like that. As time passed, I got used to it and boy, it's such a complex overwhelming flavor that I love. And what's even better is that they made sort of a patty out of the blue cheese so that it won't just crumble once you dig into the burger.

The only thing I wasn't too keen about would be the fact that the burger patties were sooooo thick. I wish that they made it a lot more thinner and wider- more surface area! It would cook faster too!

These burgers were such a mess to eat but nevertheless fun. A burger that is not messy is a DISGRACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...