Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fusion Cafe

Last Sunday, my family and I had lunch at the Fusion Cafe to celebrate Father's Day. There's not much to say about the venue, I thought that they opted for the clean & modern look although some elements in the restaurant screamed otherwise. Before visiting any restaurant, I often check their website to see what they have to offer. I'm just really crazy in that way. It said nothing about the style of cuisine, it was just- FUSION.

There was a special menu for Father's day and we chose to just have an entree and main dishes cause the portions were HUGE and I still had some tarts from the epic Bourke Street Bakery (post coming soon!) 

Tiger Prawn Tempura 
To start off the meal we had Tiger Prawn Tempura with a Cajun Mayonnaise. The prawns were cooked perfectly and the batter was crunchy. I cannot emphasize how important perfectly-cooked seafood is. Going back, the mayonnaise had a chipotle-paprika flavour that was surprisingly subtle when paired
with the prawns. Thumbs up for the entree!

Wagyu Rib Eye

Grandpa and grandma shared a Char-grilled Wagyu Rib Eye Steak with Mashed Potato and Red Wine Jus. Despite it being top quality meat, they complained that it wasn't tender enough.

Rack of Lamb 
My auntie had the Rack of Lamb with Eggplant Mash and Roast Garlic Lamb Jus. I reckon she liked it cause she polished off her plate! But she always does anyway!:)

Atlantic Salmon & King Prawns
Double Roasted Duck
Here's the thing, my cousin and I always split our dishes halfway whenever we dine, this way, we get to try more things! We ordered the Atlantic Salmon with Grilled King Prawns, Chinese Broccolli, and a Lime & Basil Dressing and Double Roasted Citrus Duck with a Sweet Corn Rosti and Baby Spinach. The seafood dish was mediocre. The vegetables lack flat out boring, prawns were fishy, salmon was bland. The dish was much too reliant on the lime & basil dressing which didn't pack that much of a punch. On the up side, the other dish was good. The aroma of the citrus sauce was delightful and went very well with the duck. The duck was cooked perfectly, the slightest blush of pink toward the center. I would've liked the skin to be crispy though. That would've just done it for me! The corn rosti tasted... I didn't like it at all. 

Overall, for the price that we paid, the dishes just weren't up to scratch, I was expecting something surprisingly magical. I thought that we'd have better value for the money if we'd have lunch at the posh restaurants in the city. 






Lemon Curd Tart- Bourke Street Bakery
...And this is what happened when we got home. Details coming up soon on the Bourke Street Bakery post!:)












No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...