Monday, September 6, 2010

It's mid-sem break, and I dub this week, COOKIE WEEK.

With a lot of schoolwork on my back, I should be getting to it rather than spending my time online squandering and daydreaming about food. There wouldn't be a day that would pass without me uttering something about these bare necessities. Lately, I've been craving and craving for cookies but I haven't bought any because I know that the packaged stuff just isn't any good at all. Mrs. Fields and other cookie shops are way overpriced. I'll accept no compromise because I'm sure that if I make my own, it'll be the BOMB. 


A month ago or so, I made chocolate chip cookies and they turned out to be a fail because I thought they were too soft so I left them in the oven for a couple more minutes. They hardened a bit too much after cooling, but it was all good cause it was damn tasty. Because of my crazy craving, no matter what I'd eat, cookies will still be on my mind. I've researched a couple of cookie recipes that I'm very much keen to try out. I'll be baking cookies thrice this week since I have the luxury of time. I'd want to bake them everyday but it would just stock up here at home and everybody will gain so much weight.

To start things off, I made OUTRAGEOUS CHOCOLATE COOKIES by Martha Stewart today. They sort of resembled crinkles cause they were cracked. They have a shiny exterior and moist soft centers.

Lovelies waiting to be scooped onto the cooling rack
Still waiting, waiting, waiting.
Outrageous Chocolate Cookies by Martha Stewart- adapted
makes 2 dozen mini cookies


230g semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped

4 tbsp unsalted butter

2/3 cup all purpose/plain flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

2 large eggs, preferrably free range

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

340 g chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 175C. Line your baking trays with parchment. Heat the roughly chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl- 20 sec increments and stirring in between. Don't worry too much if the mixture starts looking like nutella, that's NORMAL.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.

And in another bowl, beat your eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed with the handheld mixer. Make sure this becomes light and fluffy! Reduce the speed to low and blend in the butter and chocolate mixture. Once incorporated, beat in flour until it is just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Scoop your cookies unto your lined baking trays then shove them in the oven. Make sure you rotate your cookies halfway through the baking process. Bake for 12-15 minutes!:) Don't worry if they look a bit soft and gooey cause they do harden up as they cool down!:)

Voila, wasn't that easy? The results are crazy satisfying, so if I were you, I'd go to my pantry and check the ingredients and get started! It took me around 30 minutes including the washing up, which was quite fast really!:)

A glass of milk with this cookie and telly flicked on How I Met Your Mother makes me a happy lady!:)


This is what I call bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...