Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back to Cookies

The plan of cooking 3 different cookies this week is such a fail.

It's Saturday, and I've only made 2. 

And it's not like I'll make any tomorrow just because I'm lazy.

So here's the second cookie for the week, White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies.


White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
makes 3 dozen mini cookies

1/2 cup butter

1 cup brown sugar

2 tbsp milk

1 large egg

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 3/4 cup all purpose/plain flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

pinch of salt

1/2 coarsely chopped macadamia nuts (better if it's slightly roasted)

1 cup white chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 175C.

Melt butter in a small saucepan until it is golden and slightly brown, this will take around 5 minutes.

In a mixer, beat brown sugar and cooled melted butter on a medium setting for 2 minutes. Add the egg and beat for another minute then proceed with the milk and vanilla until it is just incorporated.

Turn off the mixer, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat with a spatula until just incorporated. Fold in the nuts and white chocolate chips.

I used a tablespoon as the size for each cookie that I made. Cook in the oven for 7 minutes. 

Let it chill for a few minutes in the baking tray before moving it to the cooling rack. 

I'm such a big fan of cookies, but they're really mean to my thighs and butt. That's probably the only reason that's stopping me from eating them every single day. And the combination of the white chocolate and macadamia is such a classic, and I just couldn't resist making them. SCRUMPTIOUS. Oh, and you could also add in some dried cranberries which would make it a tad tangy!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...