Thursday, June 16, 2011

Steak & Sprouts

You see, I've got a couple of posts up my sleeve but like everything else on my plate these days, I'm at a loss for both actions and words.

  Have I not been eating enough brain food? Beats me. 

So I'm trying to compensate by posting these gorgeous step-by-step polaroid pictures. 


Recipe for the Brussels Sprouts is based on Momofuku.
Gotta love Momofuku.

For the Brussels Sprouts
Baby, baby, baby oh, BABY BRUSSELS SPROUTS.
Step 1: Rinse your sprouts.


Step 2: Chop the stem off and halve the sprouts.



Sprouts already cut.



Step 3: Stir fry the sprouts in a pan with some oil, ginger, and, garlic.
Transfer to a baking dish when they're amply browned and start to smell good.


Step 4: Bake in the oven for 200C for 10-15 minutes.
You'll know they're ready once they're tender.


Step 5: Mix together: 
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
pinch of chili flakes (depends on your taste really)
sugar to taste
Get that whole sour-spicy-sweet balance going.
(for 500g Brussels Sprouts)

Step 6: Toss mixture with brussels sprouts.
Then you're all set to go.

For the Steak
Marinade in:
1 cup sesame oil (just for that Asian vibe)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tbsp worchestershire sauce
freshly ground pepper

Feel free to halve of quarter the marinade. 
All depends on the quantity of the steak anyway.

Grill the steak to your liking.
I always vote medium rare.


And.. Dinner is served!

Happy eating!

Ps. I had to muster all the concentration I could for this post.
Cause it's Stuvac, and I'm feeling the holiday vibe. 
I typed butt a couple of times when I was supposed to type cut.
Then steph when I meant step.
Periods when I wanted commas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...