Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This is How You Make Fish & Chips- Chloe Stylie.

HOHOHO. I find myself using this "word" so often these days. Why so? Maybe I like the ring to it? I really don't know!

My mum defrosted some dory fillets and asked me to quickly whip up a batch of fish & chips! Being a good daughter (right, right, right Chloe), I obeyed. And of course, I had my 2 lovely assistants to help me! Oh how I love having Shaye and Star helping me in the kitchen.

As for the chips, we picked camote over potatoes cause they're supposed to have more nutritional value. I like them a lot too! I'd be munching them nonstop whenever I'm in Max's. NO JOKE.

Just so you know, the culinary classes in ISCAHM are proving to be very helpful! And that's where this recipe for fish and chips comes from as well!:) I find that this version is lighter compared to one I usually prepare!:) SUCCESS!

Fish & Chips
1.5kg Cream Dory Fillets
Salt
Pepper
Lemon
Oil (for frying)

Beer Batter
250g Flour
320ml Beer
30ml Vinegar/Apple Cider
3 Egg Yolks
3 Egg Whites
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Paprika

Marinade the fish fillets in lemon juice, salt&pepper

Beat the egg whites until they form a soft peak.

Mix the flour, beer, vinegar, egg yolks, and salt.
Gently fold in the egg whites into this mixture.
Yeah, I should be holding a spatula rather than a WHISK!

My personal touch- a pinch of PAPAPAPRIKA!

Dip the fish fillets in the beer batter then gently place them
into the hot oil.

Better make sure the oil is HOT!


Deep frying the camote fries!
They were just cut up and placed into the hot hot oil.
ps. that is NOT my hand.

VOILA!:) 
I love this dish. I'll love it more if you'd give me some Malt Vinegar as a condiment. No tartar sauce- that's fatty and lame! This dish could brighten up my day no matter what wicked mess I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...