Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Moo Gourmet Burgers, Newtown

Moo Gourmet Burgers on King Street.
I've heard great things about Moo Burgers. How their chips are perfectly crisp, how their burgers are so tall, how the milkshakes are to die for, and how crusty the sourdough bun is. It's my second time in Newtown for the week, and might I just say that I absolutely love Newtown. I'd say it's a slightly more hip and cheaper version of beloved Surry Hills. 


Artwork inside

My friends in the courtyard.
The ambiance was laid-back. I'd say it's one of those places where I'd want to catch up with my friends after the stressful week that has passed.* There are sturdy bulky wood tables inside paired with colorful chairs and couches. Kids' artwork adorn the walls. There's a courtyard outside and a black wall where you could creatively express yourself with the pieces of chalk lying around.

There are plenty of tasty sounding burgers on the menu which made it tricky to pick what each one of us wanted to have. 

Vanilla and Strawberry Milkshakes- $5 each
Did you know, when you head to Moo on Mondays and order a burger and chips, you get a milkshake for free? FREE?! FREE?! Yes, you got it! I haven't had a milkshake in the longest time for obvious reasons but it was my binge day for the week! That explains everything! It wasn't as chilled as I would've wanted it to be and it would be more epic if they were thicker too! Other than that, they were slurping slurping good.



CRUSTY CRUSTY CRUSTY SOURDOUGH.

Beef Avocado & Bacon Burger- $14.50
100% Certified Australian Angus Beef,
Avocado Puree, Beechwood Smoked Bacon,
Mixed Leaf Lettuce, Tomato,
Home-made Mayonnaise, & Tomato Relish.
This was what I had. The burger patty wasn't as juicy as I was anticipating which is quite the deal-breaker for me. There was an avocado puree, but I would've liked sliced avocado more. Surprisingly, the mayonnaise was really nice and light, props for home-made mayonnaise. The tomato relish was probably the best component in the burger, it was seasoned very well and it reminded me of Mexican salsa!  

The chips were thick-cut and mad crunchy. Perhaps they were double-fried! YUM. And the sourdough bun was fantastic! I couldn't stop eating it. And in the end, I felt rather heavy devouring most of the bread.

Big Moo-$16
100% Certified Australian Angus Beef,
Cheese, Beetroot, Pineapple, Bacon,
Mixed Leaf Lettuce, Tomato, Egg,
Home-made Mayonnaise, & Tomato Relish
It's the BIG MOO. It was HUMONGOUS, but my friend finished the whole lot! She was really content afterwards! Yes, SHE. 

Fish Burger- $16.50
Grilled Salmon fillet, home-made pesto,
rocket, and garlic aioli
At first my friend was grossed out at the idea of a fish burger, but she ended up ordering it. Amusing how things turn out sometimes. She loved the burger, especially the pesto which she described as the yummy green stuff.

Turkey Burger- $15.50
Turkey Burger, Tasmanian Brie, Tomato,
Mixed Leaf Lettuce, home-made mayonnaise, & Cranberry Sauce
I thought the addition of brie was great, and it wasn't a scant portion either. My friend couldn't stop raving about the goodness of this burger as well. BTW, pretty much all the pictures are credited to her and her delightful SLR.


Classic Cheese Burger- $12
100% Certified Australian Angus Beef,
Mixed Leaf Lettuce, Home-made Mayonnaise,
Tomato, Tomato Relish, & Cheddar Cheese 



I'd say Moo Gourmet Burgers are an innovative bunch but they still need a little tweaking here and there. Burgers need to be juicier and milkshakes need to be thicker. The burgers were definitely a handful and we had to deconstruct everything cause they were way to big to bite! 

Moo Gourmet Burgers
232 King St, Newtown


Contact: 95654001


*This is exactly what I did with my friends. It was so fun, and laid-back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...