Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cheers to Enter The Dragon

In Balmain
It's surely a strange, strange title for a blog post, don't you reckon? But it will relate to food, in a wee little bit.


Gorgeous cakes, all uniformly lined up.


Of course, you know Adriano Zumbo and his wacky ideas, yeah? This is Zumbo the second time around. (Click HERE for the first AZ experience!) Macarons aren't the spotlight this time, cause me and my friends arrived there late in the afternoon and they were all sold out with the exception of the Satay Macaron.



We had a picnic in the park.

The vibrant yellow of the satay macaron distinctly reminds me of turmeric.

That Satay Macaron was such a smart play on the savoury-sweet worlds. The sweet world obviously it being a macaron. And the satay was screaming savory cause of the nuttiness of the peanut and there was heat from chilli too. It all sounds weird, but wait until you hear about Enter the Dragon. 

I was tempted to go for the Lemon and Blueberry Mousse Tart since it combines two things that I really love. But after a short chat with the staff, he recommended us to get Enter the Dragon. I found the description of the dessert extremely strange and out of this world, but he reassured me that it was really really really good. He compared it to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups- I was in, oh duh.* So, Enter the dragon it was!

If you could've seen it in real life,
you'd be so amazed at the intricateness
of the dessert. The chocolate bit on top was
even dusted with something metallic.

Enter The DragonToasted white chocolate mousse, coriander creameux,
peanut caramel mou, dried chili sable, & almond spongs
It was good, probably too good to be true. I'll try my best to describe it, but I don't think I'll be doing justice by this dessert. Yes, you read right. There's a slightly dense sponge present both on top and bottom of the cake. In between those sponges, there's a sultry caramel with chunks of peanut, a smooth and creamy white chocolate mouse, some sort of crunchy crumble, and coriander cream with dabbles of chilli. It wasn't just about contrasting flavors, the textures were also playing with each other.


A tart my friend had.
It had pear and a vanilla cream.

Enter the Dragon is the most amusing dessert I've ever had. I love how everything seemed like they weren't on the same page, but a single mouthful would definitely change your mind and perspective. Zumbo is amazing. All the ideas he comes up with is inspired and there's always something intriguing and exciting in store for everyone. This is an ultimate palate pleaser.

That is all. Can't wait for what I'll have the next time I visit Zumbo which I think might likely be this afternoon.

*I've got an extremely soft spot for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! I just bought some today!;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...