Friday, April 8, 2011

Comforting Cheap Fix: Freska & Razon's

Right at this moment I'm feeling stressed, tired, overworked, and overwhelmed. But weirdly, I'm in the mood for a killer exercise session as well, it's my way of getting rid of the stress! And, I want my family, specifically, my mother mum and her terribly tasty home-cooked food. 


Actually, I'd like some FRESH coconut juice too.
This is one of the reasons why it's NICE to live in a tropical country.


I actually wouldn't mind having a pleasant cheap fast lunch fix with her. And post happens to be one about pleasant cheap fast Filipino lunch fix. We have to get rid of the word lunch cause it's dinner time now, and I'd gladly have this food for dinner.




FRESKA!
Freska, Freska, Freska- it's like fresh+cheska! HOHOHO. It's a place for Ilongo Seafood & Inasal.* This particular one I went to was a fast food version of the actual restaurant along Katipunan. But I reckon it's no compromise, the food was comforting.





TORTANG TALONG.
This picture doesn't actually do the dish any justice.
I used to have a minor allergy when it came to eggplant. I'm glad to announce that it is now, nonexistent. I mean, how could you possibly resist eggplant? It's meaty yet silky. It's delicious. This was prepared by chargrilling the eggplant on the grill, peeling off the skin, flattening it out, dipping it into egg, and finally pan-fried. Paired with a sauce made of soy, vinegar, and calamansi juice**, it's a simple decent treat.


Oh YES.
This picture says it ALL.
The squid is actually stuffed with onions and tomatoes!
Next, there was Grilled Squid. I love squid so much, and Daryl doesn't get it at all. It was a tad charred but it was infused with fantastic fresh flavors!




THOUSAND times- YES!:)
Lastly, Crispy Kang Kong***, it would definitely be one of the best dishes to be paired with beer. The veg is dipped into a batter and deep fried to perfection. People always eat it with ketchup and mayonnaise combined, I just find that repulsive.




No better place for dessert.


This picture really SUCKS.
Let me enlighten you. Halo-halo's direct translation to English would be Mix-mix which doesn't really seems that appetizing. It's a Filipino equivalent of the famous Malaysian Ice Kachang. The traditional Filipino one actually has around 10 elements, but sometimes, simple is BETTER. Razon's Halo- halo definitely proves that, there are only 5 components- sun-ripened banana (saging na saba), macapuno, and  leche flan, ice, and evaporated milk. You are still a halo-halo virgin if you haven't tried Razon's.

Freska Ilonggo Seafood and Inasal

Market! Market!, Bonifacio Global City
Taguig City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 384-6884

Razon's of Guagua

Market Market, Bonifacio Global City
Taguig City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 886-7738



*Ilonggo refers to the dialect of the people in Iloilo which is a particular province in the Philippines.  Inasal on the other hand refers to barbecued chicken that's commonly marinaded in vinegar, calamansi, brown sugar, garlic, and a couple of other elements.


** Calamansi refers to a citrus found in the Philippines. It has a slight hint of lime to it.


*** Translated, it's known as Water Spinach, and Water Morning Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...