Sunday, January 2, 2011

Degustation at The Goose Station Part 2


So, on with the degustation. I'll try to blow your socks off.


5th course: FOIE GRAS TERRINE. Oxtail Jam, Santol- Chico Puree, Pickled Radish Salad

Check out the top right corner of the plate!
There are different varieties of sea salt!

Foie Terrine with Oxtail Jam on top.
I've got to admit, this is probably the dish that I enjoyed the most. There was complexity and sophistication.   In my opinion, it also showcased some Filipino vibes with the Santol- Chico Puree. The oxtail jam on the other hand, I would've wished they've chopped into smaller chunks cause a few got caught in my teeth. And there's no denying that I really loved the crunchy yet soft brioche that acted as a vessel for the foie and oxtail jam.




6th course: QUAIL. Sous Vide, Cauliflower Foam, Pine Nut & Raisin

Quail, see the oblong chunk on the side?
That's more foie right there!

I think sous vide might just be the best way to cook things if you're looking at tender and juicy. I'm usually not such a big fan of quail but this one was cooked to perfection, a slight blush of pink in the middle. Yes, it looked good and boy, oh so appetizing. The cabernet sauce reduction went with the quail impeccably. But I still vote for the foie and brioche dish!:) I realize more and more that Chefs Rob and Sunshine Pengson really love their foie. FOIE FTW.


THE GOOSE STATION DESERTS

7th course: BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE

Messy Deconstructed Cheesecake

It was a deconstructed cheesecake. In my opinion, it looked a little bit like a landslide. And I didn't see the significance of the microgreens which were on top of the cheese. What I did like were those slightly burnt chewy marshmallows. The cream cheese mixture? It was a foam and it drove away from what the typical cheesecake was like. The heaviness turned into fluffiness, I wasn't the biggest fan.


8th course: BRIOCHE BREAD PUDDING

Blackish blob on the left is the bittersweet chocolate sorbet!

Brioche bread pudding. This is definitely a first. The portions for this dish were inconsistent with the other dishes. For me, it was like another version of pancakes altogether. It came with maple syrup and chocolate sorbet with bacon bits. The dish as a whole was too sweet for me. I just really liked the chocolate sorbet but I find the addition of the bacon bits close to pointless.


9th course: BITTERSWEET FAREWELL



Macaron with a chocolate ganache, mint leaf, and raspberry jam. I don't get why they described it as a cheeseburger though. It really puzzles me. I would've chose to have something lighter and more refreshing to say goodbye to the degustation since the brioche bread pudding was really heavy.

Altogether, I liked the experience at The Goose Station. If I would go back though? That's a whole new topic, might probably not unless there's a new menu. The service was pretty good, but Chef Rob Pengson didn't really do a lot of interacting with the diners. I think if you're a foodie like me, it's relatively good value for money.

Oh, make sure to make reservations in advance!

The Goose Station
+632 556 90 68
Ground Floor, W Tower
39th Street, Fort Bonifacio, Global City
Taguig



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...