Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Apartment 1B, Makati, Philippines


After such a dramatic evening, I'm finally back on my feet and ready to blog!

A few days before Christmas, I got to spend a day with my dad and my sister shopping and running around here and there. We were in the Makati area but we feared the heavy traffic on the way home so we decided to have dinner out at Apartment 1B which my family keeps raving about.

Once we got there, the place wasn't so packed which turned out to be quite a surprise just until the waitstaff told us that all the tables were reserved! I could swear that my smile melted from my face. But thanks to my dad and his epic connections and skills, we landed a table!






I love the addition of sundried tomatoes!
For starters, we all shared a Caesar Salad. There was ample dressing just to coat the vibrant greens. The croutons were perfectly golden and just plain tempting. I liked the shaved parmesan compared to the small niblets of parmesan that is usually served with. This Caesar salad was perfection.


Chicken Noodle Soup
My younger sister happens to be a soup freak! She needs soup in order for her to eat contently and quickly. The noodle soup had a clear broth which is different from the usual Filipino Chicken Noodle Soup (Sopas) which usually contains milk or cream. It had a lot of vegetables and macaroni! And the broth was really nice and cleansing.


So the sprouts were on the burger until
my insane sister dumped them on the fries!
The Turkey Burger wasn't all that grand. Well, it was perfectly seasoned but since turkey pretty much takes over whatever flavor and seasoning you throw at it, it bursted with cranberry flavor caused by the jam.


Grandmother Meatloaf?
I won't lie, I was disappointed.
I had the meatloaf which was incredibly porky, reminds me of different varieties of sausages compacted together to form a cohesive loaf. If I was born to an all American family, I guess this is what I'd picture a meal to be like, with all the sides and everything! It was quite dry and might I say a bit red? I don't mean red as in undercooked, but I think it might be due to food coloring!


Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese, Mushrooms, and Caramelized Onions
The Beef Burger has got to be one of the best burgers that I've had in the Philippines! It's comparable to the one at Plan B. The hand-cut chips here are really something, it's nothing like the ones you pick up in the freezer section. This did JUSTICE for the burger's reputation, it was big, fat, but not dry. The onions were very well caramelized and the mushrooms looked fresh.


SAVOUREUX!
And finally, there was the Carbonara, I've always been a big fan of the Carbonara at Dulcinea when I was a little kid. There's just something about cream, cheese, and bacon ey? This one happened to be on a whole other level though, it was buttery, creamy, garlicky. Huge flecks of parmesan were present! It was luscious without the common mistake of overloading of cream.

After this bountiful feast, we didn't even have the slightest room for desert which was disappointing cause I've heard they make a mean White Chocolate Toblerone Cheesecake with a Raspberry Coulis! I won't let it pass me next time I go visit!

Apartment 1B
132 Leviste Street 
Corner Sedeno Street
Salcedo Village
Makati, Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...