Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spiral, Sofitel Philippine Plaza


The Grand Stairway

A couple of years ago, there was a buffet craze, everybody was raving about Heat, Circles, and Spiral. Well, I've been to all three, and I seriously think that Spiral has the best selection. That's why we kept returning, or at least for a certain period of time.


More or less after a year since I've last visited Spiral, I'm finally back to chow down some more. And it's good to see that Spiral has progressed and improved with their food.





THE NEW THINGS THAT MAKE ME LOVE SPIRAL MORE.


THE OYSTER SHUCKER
Chris or Jun or something.
He kept the oysters coming my way!


Too bad not every single morsel was smothered with melted cheese!


1. OYSTER STATION.
-Believe it or not, this didn't exist in the past! And now there's a whole slab of ice and a person just constantly shucking some oysters. What's even better is that you could ask them to grill or bake your oysters too! You've just got to talk to the OYSTER SHUCKING MAN!



FOIE GRAS!

THE WAY TO HAVE IT!


2. LIVE FOIE GRAS STATION.
- You read it RIGHT, FOIE GRAS, FOIE GRAS, FOIE GRAS! I first LOVED foie gras when I headed down to The Goose Station where they excessively use these goodies! So there's a counter where this man fries your foie gras, and you get to pair them with Onion Marmalade, Apple Marmalade, and Himalayan Salt. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT with dense bread and some onion marmalade!


El Parmesan Wheel.

Yeah, this security guy reprimanded me for taking pictures.
So I sneaked this one.
3. EVEN SOME MORE DELICATESSEN GOODIES.
-In the past there was just proscuitto around the big cheese round. But now, there's all sorts of cured meats which is always a plus!

4. NOT TWO, BUT THREE FONDUE FOUNTAINS.
- I love the fact that they came up with another fondue fountain in addition to the white and milk chocolate but the thing is, it was GREEN. Yes, I reckon it's green tea. But does it appeal to me? No, not so much! 

Yeah, my sister made this!:)
She was overjoyed.
5. MOOOOORE CANDY SELECTION.
-This is definitely for kids! The candy there used to be housed in probably three huge glass jars. But these days, there are around 10 boxes with different varieties of candies to choose from- gummy bears, sour cola, jelly belly, and the bananas just to name a few!



My sister holding up the COTTON CANDYYY!


6. ALAS, THE COTTON CANDY 
-Airy flosses of caramelized sugar. Yum. Everybody has got to have some sometime. 

Those are the new things in store at Spiral, that's innovation and even more variety. I loved it.


Some other food that I had... START COUNTING THE PLATES! (..but in reality, there was more!)


SASHIMI!
tuna & salmon & mackerel
who knew the mackerel could be this good??

Dimsum plate with Mapo Tofu
Bean curd roll FTW

HEDGEHOG!
How cute is this? 

CHEESE PLATE
My 12 year old sister's!

Foie and the marmalade and the cheese and the parma ham


DESSERT
Well someone was happy.
My face says it all :)

Spiral
Sofitel Philippine Plaza
Pasay City, Metro Manila
551-5555



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...