|He's the cover of Time Out this month!|
Beetroot & Olive Macarons, specifically!
|V8 Layered Cake.|
8 Layered White Chocolate Cake!
|It's a hole in the wall, I'm not joking.|
|And it brings heaps of people in.|
|Mini Cakes Selection|
|Trays and trays of macarons, of course!|
Since I'm a huge fan, I intend to give an in depth description of my ADRIANO ZUMBO EXPERIENCE.
|From left to right|
Chocolate, Rosemary-Apricot, Lime-Pineapple,
Mango-Macadamia, Peach Tea & Toasted Marshmallow
|Beautiful Peach Tea One!|
1. Toasted Marshmallow- The filling in between the shells is most certainly melted marshmallow. It reminded me about Smores.
2. Peach Tea- My second favorite macaron. Aside from being pretty, it's rather pungent and the essence is captured perfectly.
3. Mango Macadamia- It was fine, just fine. It lacked the macadamia that I was anticipating.
4. Lime Pineapple- You'd definitely taste those two flavors together, but one outshines the other, pineapple steals the show!
5. Rosemary Apricot- The rosemary is very strong, you would be able to sniff it out even before eating. There's an apricot jam in the middle. It was kind of strange, in the most interesting way.
6. Chocolate- You know how they always say save the best for last? This is no exaggeration. I know chocolate is very generic and you'd expect something grand from Mister Zumbo, but this is a killer. It's a potent dark chocolate that completely melts in your mouth. It tingles all your senses too. I'm talking about MAJOR FOODGASM here. I wouldn't mind having the box of 6 filled just with chocolate macarons!
Apparently they have a pancake and maple syrup one, but it wasn't available when I went. Oh well, all the more reason to go back! Wait, there are ginger, salted butter caramel, and bloody mary ones too!
On to the next agenda, CAKE! There were many choices, but they didn't have the corn meringue one that I wanted to try. The next best thing appeared to be the Wheely Carry Me Mel. Tricky name hey? It's a beautiful piece of art. The components are layered well. There's hard bitter sugar coating, sweet/rich chocolate, fluffy sponge, salty caramel, and hazelnuts. It's a flawless balance of salty and sweet.
I can't wait to plan my next escapade to the Adriano Zumbo Patisserie! And I obviously know where I'm getting my birthday cake too!
Adriano Zumbo Patissier
Shop 1a/40 The East Esplanade, Manly
Monday to Friday
7:00am till 7:00pm
Saturday & Sunday
7:00am till 5:50pm
* I'm am fully committed to Masterchef, I never missed an episode. The story is different however if we're shifting to Junior Masterchef.