Friday, March 4, 2011

Myron's Place, Greenbelt 5


This is what I thought of today.

The weather was terrific today. Nothing brings my spirits up like a nice sunny yet breezy day. 

1. I get to wear shorts and sunnies.
2. All the more reason to wear flip flops.
3. No cold sores or windburn. 
4. I don't eat every 10 minutes.*

Honey Rye Bread & Butter

ROASTED GARLIC FOR THE WIN.
The weather was also great when we dined at Myron's Place. When we were in highschool, we'd always go dine at Myron's at Rockwell.** What did we used to have? Hmm. I remember we had a Seared Tuna Dish with Pasta once. And there's nothing I could remember more than the roasted bulbs of garlic that we would always smother on the bread.

Being overly hungry, we ordered a feast.*** Daryl with her oysters and steak, there's nothing new. These are the things she always craves. Whenever we're out to eat, the first thing that comes out of her mouth is- I WANT STEAK.

As for the Oysters Rockefeller, they were fresh and well but the ones in Australia are better. Oh Duh. The oysters weren't salty enough though, being the bruha that she is, Daryl simply swiped some sea salt from the bed the oysters were sitting on. Voila! Problem Solved. 


Damn fine looking steak
with baked potato and veg. 
The Trio of Sauces.
Meanwhile, the steak was juicy, fat, tender, and thicker than ever which meant PERFECTION for Daryl. It came with 3 sauces- peppercorn, mushroom, and red wine. She couldn't decide which one she liked the most. she loved them all equally! 



Perfectly blitzed cheese.
My starter came in the form of Mushroom Crostini which was a dream. There were soft cushiony slices of bread where some mushrooms lay, it was accented with cream, and topped off with perfectly charred cheese. I ate this with the roasted garlic which ultimately made the dish!



The main of Rigatoni with Angus Steak& Haricot Vert**** was a downer though. The pasta although al dente was bland. It was sad, and I think a few herbs and an addition of a simple tomato sauce could help!  The pieces of Angus Steak were perfectly cooked but they had this background flavor of foie gras. My guess would be- pan they used to cook the foie gras was the same one they used for the steak. 

I've missed Myron's and my highschool days but this experience, although not bad at all just didn't wow me as much as it used to.

Myron's 
Greenbelt 5, Legaspi St., Legaspi Village
Makati City, Metro Manila
Philippines

*You've got no idea how cruel winter is. Everybody gets hungry cause of all the shivering and you simply wouldn't be able to stop eating from getting cold. BURN.

** When I was in highschool, my parents we very very strict. They'd only allow me to go to a couple of malls. Apparently, one of them was Rockwell. 

***Thing is, we always say we're overly hungry. Therefore, we always order a feast.

**** Just so you know, Haricot Vert are green French Beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...